Create an account from the login page.
To get started, click ‘Login/Register’ at the top of the page.Login / Register
You can create an account using your Islington LGfL account (if you have one) or request a new IslingtonCS account using your email address. With this one account, you will be able to access each channel on IslingtonCS.
Watch the video with instructions on how to create an account, and then read on for more information about creating an account.
You only need one account to log in to any channel on IslingtonCS and can do this by logging in with your LGfL account or by creating an IslingtonCS account using your email address. You only need to do one of these.
Registering with an LGfL Account
Islington School staff with a London Grid for Learning Account can log-in using their Unified Single Sign On (USO) account.
By clicking 'LGfL Login' you will be redirected to the LGfL sign in page where you can enter your existing LGfL username and password. Your username is usually in the format 'AName.206. If you need help with your password, please contact LGfL Support.
You will be asked to:
- confirm your first name
- confirm your last name
- confirm your email address
- select a job title - select the job title most applicable to the reason you are registering with IslingtonCS.
- search for your establishment - type the name of your school in the establishment search box and select it from the drop-down list
Click 'Sign in' to complete the registration process.
- If you receive an error stating 'incomplete shibboleth headers' you won't be able to log in using your LGfL account. Please create an IslingtonCS account instead.
- If you receive an error that 'an account already exists' with the email address you entered, then you have already created an IslingtonCS account and should log in with that account using IslingtonCS login - see how to login for more help.
You won't be able to log in to IslingtonCS until your account has been authorised by your establishment line manager.LGfL Login
Creating a new IslingtonCS Account
You can request a free IslingtonCS account from the login page using your email address.
- Step one: enter your name and email address and start typing the name of your place of work in the establishment search box. Select your establishment from the drop-down list as you start typing.
- Step two: select your job role and complete the other parts of the form.
- Step three: complete our equalities monitoring form and sign-up for any course alerts you are interested in.
After you have completed the registration form, you won't be able to log in until:
- you confirm your email address, and
- your account is authorised by your establishment line manager.
Register with IslingtonCS
Completing the registration form
New Online user account - Step 1 of 3
Your email address: provide a unique email address. It is not possible to register more than one person with the same email address. You do not need to use a business email address if you don't have one. If you do not have an email address, please set one up using Microsoft Outlook or Gmail
Establishment – you will be asked to specify whether you are registering as an 'establishment member' or as an 'individual':
- Establishment member
the majority of users will be registering as an establishment member. Start typing the name of your place of work and select the appropriate establishment from the drop-down list. If you work in a large organisation, like Islington Council, type the name of your team. If your place of work doesn't appear, try using alternative names, including spelling out any acronyms. If you work for a childminder or another individual, type their name.
- My establishment is not listed
if your establishment doesn’t exist in any service, tick the box ‘my establishment is not listed’ and complete the establishment fields. Only select this option if you are sure that your establishment isn't already set up on IslingtonCS. If you do create a new establishment, please write the name of your local authority in the ‘Notes’ and the name and email address of the person who is able to authorise training from your place of work; for example, the school Deputy Head Teacher. If this is you, please say so.
only register as an individual if you have no registered premises, for example, if you are a prospective childminder. Childminder Assistants should register as an establishment member and search for the name of their childminder in the establishment search box.
Which service should I select?
If you create a new establishment or register as an individual, you will be asked to select a service from a drop-down list.
IslingtonCS has four services and you should select the service most appropriate to the place you work, what we call your establishment:
- Schools Training - select this service if you work in a school, a further or higher education setting, including independent and non-Islington schools
- Early Years and Childcare Training - select this if you work in an early years or childcare setting, including childminders, Children’s Centres and PVIs
- Social Care and Family Support Training - this is only for London Borough of Islington staff and you shouldn't be creating a new establishment in this service. Return to the search establishment box to find your department or team, remembering to spell out any acronyms.
- Islington Safeguarding Training - select this service if you work for an organisation that requires safeguarding training and isn't part of the London Borough of Islington, isn't a school or isn't an early years setting.
- Partners in Practice - please only select this service if you have been invited to do so.
New Online user account - Step 2 of 3
- Job Title - Job titles exist for permission structure purposes only and will not necessarily match your actual job title. Select the job title that most closely meets yours
- Training level –if you are asked to select a training level, select the appropriate level from group one to eight based on the level of contact you have with children or vulnerable persons. A short description appears next to each group. All new users default to group one. Designated Safeguarding Leads should select Group Five. Teachers should select Group Three. More information about training levels.
- Dietary requirements – please leave this blank if you have no dietary requirements
- Other special requirements – please leave this blank if you have no additional requirements
- Password – please set a password for your account - this must include at least one uppercase letter and one number. If you ever forget your password, you can reset this from the login screen. You will need to repeat the password before submitting your form.
About you - equalities monitoring
After completing the form you will be asked to complete our Equalities Monitoring Form.
You only need to complete this once and the information can be updated at any time from 'My Profile and Bookings'.
Ensure you submit an answer to each question and then click Submit.
New Online User Account - Step 3 of 3
IslingtonCS can email you details of new events as they are added - we call these Course alerts.
Complete the form in this section to indicate the areas you are interested in.
- Select each category or target audience that is applicable to your role and you will receive an email notification each time a new course is published that meets those settings
- You can also set your newsletter preferences to ensure you receive the Schools' Bulletin if your establishment is a school or the Bright Start Newsletter if your establishment is an early years setting
- Ensure you tick 'Activate event alerts by email' to receive notifications and then click Submit.
Course alerts are set by service, so you may need to return to this later from My Profile and Bookings in each of the four training channels.
Confirm your email address
After you have completed the registration form, you must now confirm your email address.
You will receive an email at the address you entered on the first page of the registration form, asking you to confirm your email address. Follow the link in this email to complete your account registration process and move your application to the next stage.
- When you confirm your email address, your establishment line manager will receive an automatic notification by email asking them to authorise your account.
- You do not specify your line manager in the registration process. Line managers are assigned to each establishment and is dependent on the establishment you selected when you started your application.
- Only click the link in the email once - an email will be sent to your establishment line manager each time you click the link.
- LGfL users do not need to complete this step, but your account must still be approved by your establishment line manager before you are able to log in.
After you have confirmed your email address, your establishment line manager will receive an automatic notification by email asking them to authorise your account.
If you have created a new establishment, the authorisation email will go to a system administrator to authorise.
- you do not specify your line manager in the registration process. Line managers are assigned to each establishment and is dependent on the establishment you selected when you started your application.
- You won’t be able to log in until this step has been completed.
Once your account is approved, you will receive an email confirming that your account is active and that you are now able to login.
You can use the same account to log in to any of the four channels.
If you have any problems creating an account, please email us with your name, job role, place of work and the reason you are registering.