All Islington Early Years, Safeguarding, Social Care and Schools training is booked and managed through the Training channel on IslingtonCS. You can browse all available courses and request a place using your IslingtonCS account. When you submit a training request, it will usually need to be authorised by your establishment line manager and then reviewed by the course organiser.
Finding a Course
To get started, click 'Training' from the main menu bar:
Then select the appropriate channel for your training:
- Schools Training
- Islington Safeguarding Training
- Early Years and Childcare Training
- Social Care and Family Support Training
- Partners in Practice Training
If you're not sure what channel a course is in, check the course code:
- School courses start with 'CPD'
- Islington Safeguarding courses start with 'ISCB'
- Early Years courses start with 'EYCPD'
- Social Care and Family Support courses start with 'SFS'
- Partners in Practice courses start with 'PIP'
After that, select a course category, or click 'Search events' from the main menu to find a course.
Viewing from a mobile?
Click the 'hamburger' (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner of the screen to expand the menu.
Once you have selected your training channel, click the hamburger menu again to see the full list of training menu options, including 'My Profile and Bookings' and 'Search Events'.
Help! I can't see any courses
Some courses are restricted by training level. You will only see courses that match your training level set in your profile.
If the course you're looking for doesn't appear in search results, or the course calendar is empty you may not have a training level set or your level is lower than the course training level. You can review your training level from 'edit profile' in My Profile and Bookings. Follow the link below for help with selecting the right training level:
Booking a course
When you have found a course you are interested in, click 'Request a place' to begin the approval process.
Stop - check your establishment first
When you submit a request, it will go to your establishment line manager to review. Please check you are in the right establishment before submitting a request. This is particularly important if you have changed job roles since registering with IslingtonCS. See www.islingtoncs.org/edit for more help.
You will need to confirm your account details before submitting your request.
- If you haven't already completed our equalities monitoring form, you must complete this before you are able to request a place.
- You only need to complete this form once and can edit your answers from My Profile and Bookings.
All training requests must be authorised by your establishment line manager before it is reviewed by the course organiser.
- You will be informed by email once your request has been confirmed or denied.
- Any other communication about the course will be sent by email, so please ensure your email address is up to date.
Requesting training for someone else
Line Managers are able to request training on behalf of their colleagues from the same form.
Click 'request a place' as normal and then click the link to request a place on behalf of a colleague. When they do this, the line manager approval step is skipped and the request will go straight to the course organiser to review.
Line managers also don't require line manager authorisation when booking training for themselves.
Reviewing the status of your bookings
You can review the status of your bookings at any time from My Profile and Bookings.
Select 'events due to attend' and you will see a list of all bookings on your account. You can add the course to your calendar and find a link to the location of the training.
The Booking status section will indicate the stage of your request:
- Unauthorised - This means your request is still awaiting approval from your line manager. Any requests made by line managers, including for their own training, will skip this step.
- Unconfirmed - This means your request is awaiting approval by the course organiser
- Confirmed - This means your place is confirmed
- Waiting list booking - this means you are on the waiting list. You will be contacted if a place becomes available.
- Cancellation requested - This means you or your line manager has requested that your place be cancelled
- Cancelled - This means your place has been cancelled
If the course is closed, you will not be able to request a place, but you may be able to join the waiting list
By default, all courses will close for new bookings three working days before it is due to take place.
You may be able to join the waiting list by clicking 'Waiting List' in place of 'request a place'. You will then be added to the waiting list should a place become available.
See additional instructions for the following channels: