All training has moved to a new training booking system, MyLearning
You can no longer book training on IslingtonCS and must register with MyLearning.
If you want to access your event history or course certificates for events that were managed on IslingtonCS, please see Course Certificates and Evaluation Forms.
How to book training on MyLearning
Visit MyLearning to get started.
Creating an account and logging in
Instructions for Islington Council Staff
Islington staff with a permanent contract and an islington.gov.uk email address do not need to create an account on MyLearning as the system has a direct link to HR. You can log in straight away by selecting 'I am an Islington Council Employee' on the login page.
If prompted, select your Islington username and password from the next screen.
- If you receive an error, you can't log in this way and need to create an account and log on as an external partner.
Instructions for Agency Staff/External Partners
All Islington Council temporary/agency staff, school-based staff and anyone from any other organisation will need to create an account before they can log in to MyLearning.
When your account is approved, you'll receive an email confirming your username and password.
To log on, visit My Learning and select 'I am Agency Staff/External Partner' from the log-on page:
Enter your username and password. If you have forgotten your password, follow the forgotten password link. You can then ask to be resent your password by entering your username or email address.
The MyLearning Home Page
On the MyLearning Home Page, you will see categories of training including 'Develop your career', 'Develop your skills' and so on. Most of these categories are restricted to Islington Council staff.
All users will be able to access either 'Children's Services' or Adult Social Care'. Select the relevant channel. Each channel then has additional categories. Select the relevant category to see a list of available courses.
Enrol on a course
When you have found the course you want to book, select it from the list and then click 'Enrol'. You won't be able to view the course details or the available course dates or activities until you enrol.
- Note: enrolling on a course does not give you a place on the course - you still then need to request a place on a course activity
Book a workshop
After you have enrolled on a course, you can then read the full course overview and then request a place on a workshop.
- Select the box labelled 'Workshop' under 'Workshop activity & Certificate'.
- You'll notice that the certificate tab is greyed out. If the course also has an evaluation form, this will also be greyed out: both will only become available after you have completed the course. You can return to 'My Dashboard' to view your courses to complete any outstanding evaluations or to download any certificates.
- A new page will load that will display all available workshop dates.
- Click 'sign-up' next to the date you want to book onto
- On the next screen, you will be asked to confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions
- You can also advise of any accessibility adjustments you may require
- Confirm how you would like to receive confirmation: either as a calendar invite, as an email, or no confirmation (calendar invite is the default option)
- When you are happy to proceed, click 'Sign-up'.
Un-enrol from a course
If you don't wish to proceed and no longer want to be enrolled in the course, click the tab labelled 'Course Administration' and follow the link to unenrol, or click 'Unernol' at the top of the course page.
Other ways to find courses
MyLearning has two other routes for exploring and finding courses
- Explore Learning - see a list of courses available across all channels. This list is presented in alphabetical order and you can search for a course by name
- Calendar - see a list of upcoming courses in date order. If you know the course date, you can jump to that date using the mini-calendars
Follow the same steps to enrol on any course and then to book a workshop.
Changes to the booking process
Please note that MyLearning uses a different booking process than IslingtonCS, specifically:
- Line manager approval - staff no longer need line manager approval to request a place on a course. Our terms and conditions explain that we expect staff to discuss training with their line manager before making a request.
- Training levels - we no longer use training levels. Many IslingtonCS users fed back that training levels created a barrier to finding learning so we have removed these. We expect you to only book courses that are relevant to your job role and after you have had approval from your line manager.
MyLearning has a dedicated support page including a manual for how to book training. Please refer to this in the first instance for any questions. If this doesn't help, please contact the HR Learning and Development Team or Learning Pool support.