You will only be able log in to IslingtonCS after the following steps have been completed:
- you have verified your email address
- your account has been approved by your line manager or a system administrator
When both of these steps are completed, you will receive an email confirming your account is active. Do not try to log in before you receive an email confirming your account is active.
To get started, click ‘Login/Register’ at the top of the page.Login / Register
Then select LGfL Login or IslingtonCS login depending on which route you took to register.
Logging in with an LGfL Account
Islington staff with an LGfL account can log in by clicking 'LGfL Login' and entering your LGfL account details.
- If you have not already registered with IslingtonCS using your LGfL account, you will need to complete a short registration form by confirming your details including your email address.
- If you receive an error stating 'incomplete shibboleth headers' you won't be able to log in using your LGfL account. Please create an IslingtonCS account instead.
- If you receive an error that 'an account already exists' with the email address you entered, then you have already created an IslingtonCS account and should log in with that account using IslingtonCS login.
Logging in with an IslingtonCS Account
If you created a new IslingtonCS account and have received an email confirming your account has been approved, you can log in by selecting IslingtonCS login:
- select the service area you want to log in to: for example, if you want to access schools content select 'Schools Training'
- enter your username - this will be in your confirmation email
- enter the password you set when you created the account.
- If you receive an error asking you to use 'single sign on' you can't log in this way and must select LGfL Login.
If you are having trouble logging in to IslingtonCS, please check that you have followed all of the registration steps.
You will not be able to log in until:
- You have verified your email address, and
- You have received notification that your account has been authorised.
If after creating your account you are unable to log in please check the following steps depending on the error message you receive:
You will not be able to log in until you have verified your email address and your account has been authorised by the establishment you selected, or a system administrator.
To receive another email with a link to verify your email address, please request a password reset and follow the instructions in the email to confirm your email address.
Your account is awaiting approval by your establishment line manager. You won't be able to log in until your place of work has confirmed your account.
This means you registered using your LGfL account and should login by clicking 'LGfL Login' from the login screen. You will be redirected to the LGfL login page where you can enter your LGfL account username and LGfL password to login.
Please check you have entered your username correctly. If you can't remember your username, request a password reset to reset your password. You will then receive an email with your username.
Please check you have entered your username and password correctly. You may need to request a password reset.
When you reset your password, you will receive an email confirming your username. Please check that you are entering your username exactly as it appears in that email. Check and check again that your browser doesn't auto-complete your username or password, as this may be the wrong information.
All passwords are case sensitive ("Password" or "password"). If you have forgotten your password request a password reset.
This means you have tried logging in with your LGfL account but work in a setting outside of Islington or from a setting that we do not have Federation access to. You must log in using IslingtonCS login or create a new IslingtonCS account using your email address .
You can reset your password from the log in page.
Remember that passwords are case-sensitive. If you have forgotten your password request a password reset.