You can only log in to IslingtonCS after you have verified your email address and your account has been approved by your line manager or a system administrator.
Once your account has been authorised, you will receive an email confirming your account is active. Click 'login' to begin and then select either 'LGfL Login' or 'IslingtonCS' login depending on which route you took to register.
Important: please ensure you select the appropriate route to login as your account details will only work in the respective section.
Logging in with an LGfL Account
USO users can log in by clicking 'LGfL Login' and then by entering your USO account details. If successful, you will be redirected to the IslingtonCS home page or the original page you requested.
Logging in with an IslingtonCS Account
If you created a new IslingtonCS account, firstly select the service area you want to log in to: for example, if you want to access schools content select 'Schools Training'. Then, enter your username and your password. Your username is usually your email address. If you can't remember your username or password follow the link to reset it and once completed you will receive an email confirming your username.
If you are having trouble logging in to IslingtonCS, please check that you have followed all of the registration steps.
You will not be able to log in until you have verified your email address and received notification that your account has been authorised.
If after creating your account you are unable to log in please check the following steps depending on the error code you receive:
- "Error - You haven't verified your email address" - you will not be able to log in until you have verified your email address and received notification that your account has been authorised. You still need to follow the link in the automated email sent by the system when you created your account to begin the authorisation process. Check your email inbox and spam folder. If you are unable to find the email, please email email@example.com.
- "Error - You are not authorised to login" - your account is awaiting approval by your establishment line manager. You won't be able to log in until your place of work has confirmed your account is legitimate.
- "You must use Single Sign On to login" - this means you registered using your LGfL account and should login by clicking 'LGfL Login' from the login screen. You will be redirected to the LGfL login page where you can enter your LGfL account username and LGfL password to login.
- "We could not find your user details" - please check you have entered your username correctly. If you can't remember your username, use the 'forgotten your password?' link to reset your password and receive an email with your username.
- "Error - The log in details that you have entered are invalid" - please check you have entered your username and password correctly. Use the 'forgotten your password?' link to reset your password.
- "Error - You have entered your password incorrectly-please try again" - all passwords are case sensitive ("Password" or "password"). If you have forgotten your password you can reset it from the IslingtonCS login page: click 'forgotten your password?' underneath the password field box.
- "incomplete shibboleth headers" - this means you have tried logging in with your LGfL account but work in a setting outside of Islington or from a setting that we do not have Federation access to. You must log in using IslingtonCS login or create a new IslingtonCS account using your email address .
You can reset your password from the log in page.
Remember that passwords are case-sensitive. If you have forgotten your password follow the password reset link on the IslingtonCS login page. This is after the username and password fields.
Checking your browser version
IslingtonCS works best on the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox.
Please follow the steps below to check which version browser you are using.
Internet Explorer: click the gear icon and then 'About Internet Explorer'. If your version is not version 11 or greater, please ask your system administrator to update the software.
Google Chrome: click the hamburger menu next to the address bar followed by 'help' and then 'About Google Chrome'. Chrome will automatically update to the latest version.
Mozilla Firefox: click the hamburger menu next to the address bar followed by the help question mark icon and then 'About Firefox'. Firefox will automatically update to the latest version.