Pathway to registering as a childminder
The Early Years and Childcare team offer a pathway to becoming a registered childminder with Ofsted. The free support provided is a mixture of essential information, training, and ongoing advice.
- Wednesday 2 August 2022, 10-11.30am
- Thursday 15 September 2022, 10-11.30am
For more information and to book contact Renate Laux, Childminding and Childcare Information Officer on 020 7527 5927.
Islington Childminding Training
This is a free introductory training course available 3 times per year. The course supports prospective childminders in Islington preparing for their Ofsted registration. You need to attend a pathway session before you can attend the training course.
Due to current circumstances relating to Covid-19, the course will not be delivered face to face. The next course includes a mixture of teaching online, session tasks and self-learning.
- The next course is planned for October 2022, details to be confirmed.
slington childminding pre-registration training is for Islington residents who are interested in becoming a childminder. This free course is part of our pathway to becoming registered with Ofsted. The course offers structured training sessions with presentations and facilitated discussions including
- four online sessions from 10am to 1pm
- tasks to complete in your 2 hours self-learning each day.
You will be assigned a named tutor on the first day so you can share your work, ask questions and get support throughout the course. We are a small team with a lot of experience working with Islington childminders.
The aim of the course is to
- support you to understand the process of becoming registered with Ofsted and building knowledge about becoming a childminder
- introduce the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and develop understanding of the requriements of the EYFS
- explain how to make the home safe through risk assessments
- give an introduction on how to support children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- deliver an induction to safeguarding session including procedures.
To be able to attend the course you need to
- attend a pathway session
- complete the enrolment form (your booking will be confirmed when we receive the enrolment form)
- have time to attend all sessions and to study in your own time
- have access to the internet and either a laptop, tablet or smart phone with a working camera
- be willing to take part in discussions about becoming a registered childminder and running your own business.
To book on this or any other course, you need to create a free IslingtonCS account:
When you have an account you can browse all available courses including childminding training: