The Early Years SEND Additional Needs Funding Panel has migrated from a paper-based application process to an online form. All applications for new or repeat funding must now be completed online.
- The deadline for requesting funding for the 2017 Summer term is Wednesday, 19 April.
It is not possible to submit an application after this closing date. The SEND Funding Panel will meet on 10 May and decisions of the panel circulated two weeks after this date.
For more information about how to submit an application, please visit the SEND Funding page on the Early Years channel on IslingtonCS:
All Maintained, Private, Voluntary and Independent Early Years settings are invited to apply for funding to support work with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities who meet the criteria of severe and complex needs.To be eligible for funding, the child must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Assessment for an EHCP has been agreed or is already under way
- A significant level of sensory impairment (i.e. registered as severely sight impaired or sight impaired; significant level of sensorineural hearing impairment)
- Known to the Early Years Development Team or the Social Communication Team
- Known to the Disabled Children’s Team or on caseload
- A significant level of social and emotional need (identified through the Early Years Priority Referral panel)
The SEND Funding Panel allocates funding over 38 weeks a year. For 2017-18, the Summer term will be funded at 14 weeks, the Autumn term at 12 weeks, and the Spring term at 12 weeks.
If you have any questions about submitting a new application, please contact Pauline Foster, Area SENCO Team Leader: