Personal Social Emotional Development (PSED)
Being a parent is a wonderful but often challenging experience, and supporting young children’s behaviour sometimes prove difficult and stressful.
Here we offer some tips for settings to use and to promote and support positive behaviour, and how to boost children's social and emotional development, including through challenging times of transition and bereavement.
- Lighting up young brains - A document about how parents, carers and nurseries can support children’s brain development in the first five years
- Developing PSED - Some activities and experiences to encourage opportunities to develop PSED & attachment for young children
- Promoting positive behaviour - A parent’s guide to promoting positive behaviour
- Managing transitions - How to support children with change and transitions
- Bereavement - How to support children with bereavement
The aim of Islington Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) is to provide high-quality specialist and multi-disciplinary diagnostic assessment and treatment services for children and adolescents experiencing a range of emotional and behavioural difficulties or suffering psychiatric disorders. Islington CAMHS works closely with other local services and provides advice and consultation to professionals who are concerned about a child or young person's mental health. Islington CAMHS is organised into three service areas including the Community CAMHS Service, CAMHS Outreach Service and Simmons House Adolescent Unit.
Growing together is part of both child and adult mental health services in Islington. This service is for parents with children aged 1-5 years living or with a GP in Islington. They provide psychological therapy to parents experiencing mild to moderate anxiety or depression and their children.
Growing Together aims to help parents feel better and to help their children learn to manage their emotions, build good relationships and develop skills for the future.
This service also provides consultation and training to professionals working with adults with mental health difficulties and/or with children.
Islington Community CAMHS
3rd Floor, Northern Health Centre 580 Holloway Road London N7 6LB