There are two directories of organisations and services in Islington that can support your work with children, young people and their families:
- This health and wellbeing directory is aimed at schools and lists organisations that can variously deliver assemblies, sessions in the classroom, and whole school activities for primary and secondary aged pupils, and support families through one-to-one work, advice, running parenting programmes, and specific workshops. They can be used to support schools' planned programme for teaching PSHE, cooking and nutrition, and PE and may also support schools when organising events and focussed health days or weeks.
- Islington's Family Information Service has information and advice about childcare, activities and services for parents and carers, children and young people.
- Health and wellbeing training calender
Before working with an external agency or visitor, check that you:
- have considered why involving an external agency will complement and enhance the school's planned curriculum
- are confident that the external agency has expertise in the subject they are delivering and the experience and skills in delivering sessions to children and young people (and qualifications where appropriate)
- have discussed with the visitor how the session fits in with the school's wider programme or scheme of work
If you know of a really good organisation that is not listed or have any feedback about any organisation in the directory please email the health and wellbeing team:
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the external organisations included in the directory are reputable and well-known to school communities, and that the information is correct, we cannot guarantee the quality of any agencies listed, nor take any responsibility for any services they may provide.