Create an account from the login page.
To get started, click ‘Login/Register’ at the top of the page.Login / Register
You can create an account using your Islington LGfL account (if you have one) or request a new IslingtonCS account using your email address. With this one account, you will be able to access each channel on IslingtonCS.
Creating a new IslingtonCS Account
You can request a free IslingtonCS account from the login page using your email address.
You will need to complete a short registration form and select your place of work from a list of establishments
After creating an account, you won't be able to log in until:
- you verify your email address, and
- your account is authorised by your establishment line manager.
Register with IslingtonCS
Completing the registration form
Which service should I select?
You may be asked to select a service from a drop-down list.
IslingtonCS has four services and you should select the service most appropriate to the place you work, what we call your establishment.
All establishments belong to only one service. This may mean that you need to register through a different service to the service you want to book training or access resources. Once your account is active, you will be able to access any service.
Establishments are categorised in services as follows:
- Schools - all schools and education settings, including independent and non-Islington schools
- Early Years - all early years settings, including childminders, Children’s Centres and PVIs
- Safeguarding and Family Support Training - all LBI staff and other local authority staff, including staff from Public Health, Camden and Haringey Councils, and Islington foster carers
- ISCB Training - all other staff from member agencies of ISCB (excluding LBI staff) and any other external organisation. This includes staff from Whittington Health NHS Trust, Camden and Islington NHS Trust, GP surgeries, the police, London Fire Brigade, charities, and local businesses. Please note that all GP surgeries are listed under the sub-heading 'GP Surgeries'.
An example - you may be registering to book training through the Early Years service but are based in Whittington Health NHS Trust. You would need to select ISCB Training as your service as Whittington Health belongs here. Once your account is approved, you will be able to log on to the Early Years service to book training.
New Online user account - Step 1 of 2
Complete all fields required in the registration form, including:
- Job Title - Job titles exist for permission structure purposes only and will not necessarily match your actual job title. Select the job title that most closely meets yours
- Training level – select a training level from group one to eight, based on the level of contact you have with children. A short description of each training level appears when you hover your mouse over each group. Only select 'not applicable' if you will not need to request any safeguarding training
- Establishment – you will be asked to specify whether you are registering as an 'establishment member' or as an 'individual':
- Establishment member
the majority of users will be registering as an establishment member. Select your establishment from the drop-down list by local authority area, then by service and then by sector. See the section above about which service to select and then select the most appropriate sector, for example, 'education' for schools, 'health' for any health setting, or 'PVI setting' for private, voluntary and independent childcare settings. If your sector doesn't appear, you may have selected the wrong service: select a difference service and the sector list will update accordingly. You should then select your establishment, and if applicable the relevant department.
- My establishment is not listed
if your establishment doesn’t exist in any service, tick the box ‘my establishment is not listed’ and complete the establishment fields. Only select this option if you are sure that your establishment isn't already set up on IslingtonCS: you may need to select a different service to find your establishment. If you do create a new establishment, please write the name of your local authority in the ‘Notes’ and the name and email address of the person who is able to authorise training from your place of work; for example, the school Deputy Head Teacher. If this is you, please say so.
only register as an individual if you have no registered premises, for example, if you are a prospective childminder. Childminder Assistants should register as an establishment member and search for their childminder under the list of establishments. All childminders begin with the name "Home address of...".
- Establishment member
- Your email address: provide a unique email address. It is not possible to register more than one person with the same email address. You do not need to use a business email address if you don't have one. If you do not have an email address, please set one up using Microsoft Outlook or Gmail
- Dietary requirements – please leave this blank if you have no dietary requirements
- Other special requirements – please leave this blank if you have no additional requirements
- Username – this should be your email address and will automatically update based on the email address you have already provided
- Password – please set a password for your account - this must include at least one uppercase letter and one number. If you ever forget your password, you can reset this from the login screen. You will need to repeat the password before submitting your form.
Now click 'submit' to move to the next stage of the application process.
About you - equalities monitoring
After completing the form you will be asked to complete our Equalities Monitoring Form.
You only need to complete this once and the information can be updated at any time from 'My Profile and Bookings'.
Ensure you submit an answer to each question and then click Submit.
Note: when entering your date of birth, please ensure you use the number keypad on the top row of your keyboard and not the mini number-pad.
New Online User Account - Step 2 of 2
IslingtonCS can email you details of new events as they are added.
Complete the form in this section to indicate the areas you are interested in. Select each category or target audience that is applicable to your role and you will receive an email notification each time a new course is published that meets those settings. Course alerts are set by channel, so you may need to return to this later from My Profile and Bookings in each of the four training channels.
Ensure you tick 'Activate event alerts by email' to receive notifications and then click Submit.
Confirm your email address
After you have completed the registration form, you must now verify your email address.
You will receive an email at the address you entered on the first page of the registration form, asking you to verify your email address. Follow the link in this email to complete your account registration process and move your application to the next stage.
Please note that LGfL users do not need to complete this step, but your account must still be approved by your establishment line manager before you are able to log in.
After you have verified your email address, your establishment line manager will receive an automatic notification by email asking them to authorise your account.
If you have created a new establishment, the authorisation email will go to a system administrator to authorise.
Please note that you do not specify your line manager in the registration process. Line managers are assigned to each establishment and is dependent on the establishment you select in the registration process.
Whether logging in with LGfL or requesting a free IslingtonCS account, you won’t be able to access any content until your account has been authorised by a system administrator or your establishment’s line manager.
Once your account is approved, you will receive an email confirming that your account is active and that you are now able to login.
You will be able to log in to any of the four channels using this one account: you won't need to create any subsequent accounts.
See the following pages for further support on how to log in, how to edit your account, how to book training and how to download your course certificates:
If you have any problems creating an account, please email us with your name, job role, place of work and the reason you are registering.