The Teacher Supply Insurance Service covers schools for teacher absence due to sickness, jury service or suspension for teaching staff. Our Shared Parental and Maternity Insurance Scheme is designed to minimise the financial cost of providing cover for all staff who are on shared parental leave.
What services are available?
Teacher Supply Insurance
- Full time teacher sickness absence in excess of 10 continuous working term time days.
- Part time teachers with a contract of more than one year can be claimed for at a pro-rata rate.
- A full or part-time teacher absent on jury service (no 10-day penalty).
- A suspended teacher, after 10 days and up to 60 days continuous absence.
Shared Parental/Maternity Insurance
This is a co-operative arrangement between participating schools.
- Schools pool their delegated shared parental/maternity budgets to create a parental fund which is then used to pay out to schools with staff on shared parental/maternity leave.
- Payments can be used at the discretion of the school and exclude statutory shared parental/maternity pay.
- Claims must be made half a term in arrears (late claims may not be honoured).
- Any fund deficits/surpluses over 5% are decided on by the participating schools at year end.
How will this service be delivered?
- Schools complete and return a claim form attaching any relevant documentation.
- Schools are given any income due via the Statement of Income on a monthly basis.
- Processing and administration of all claims.
What added value does this service offer?
- Unlike many other insurance services, “stress” is included as a reason for absence.
- Schools are able to manage the costs of shared parental leave without adversely impacting the school budget.
- A fixed cost which is known at the start of the year facilitates better budget planning.
Purchase this service
Islington settings can view and download a detailed pricing and order form for 2023-24
All other settings
All other settings, including schools from other boroughs can make an enquiry about any service by contacting our School Contracts team: Email School Contracts