Contact: Alan Grant
T: 020 7527 5677
Governor Package includes:
- Provision of process charts for clerking responsibilities, exclusions etc. identifying who does what and when.
- Liaison with diocesan boards and other appointing bodies as appropriate
- Liaison with legal services on the provision of instruments of government
- To provide a service that works alongside schools and governing boards to promote school improvement through effective, strategic governance.
- Guidance on the statutory requirements of governance
- Ofsted and audit expectations and how to meet them
- Confidentiality in relation to pupil and staff issues
- Policies and provide models of examples of good practice
- The governing board’s core strategic functions
- Recruitment of new governors
- Coordination of termly briefing meetings for governors
- Advising head teachers and governors on dealing with parental complaints including provision of template letters as appropriate.
A recruiting and coordinating function of the clerking service (where purchased in addition to this service) to ensure quality and consistency of provision, this will include:
- Induction and initial training of new clerks
- Monitoring of clerking service performance
- Regular briefings and updates to ensure that clerks remain up to date on changes to legislation, national and local developments; e.g. highlighting GB challenge where appropriate.
Clerking Support Service
This service is available when purchased with the Governor Advisory Service and will provide the following:
- A dedicated clerk to support and advise your governing board
- Preparation, minuting and support for governing board meetings this financial year
- Support for the Chair and Head with preparation of agendas and papers.
- Co-ordination of the distribution of electronic despatch
- Clerk attendance at full governing board and/or committee meetings (as per the package selected) and draft minutes produced within 14 calendar days maximum.
- Electronic despatch of minutes that reflect best practice and take into account the requirements of Ofsted and Audit
- Providing an ‘Immediate/urgent’ Action list as appropriate
- Accurate records of governing board membership, terms of reference of committees, prompting completion of the register of business interests, schemes of delegation, dates of meetings etc.
- An annual calendar of governing board business and a termly suggested agenda for full governing board meetings to ensure that business is managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Provision of a model 3 year review schedule for statutory policies
- Advice and support on governance issues from the clerk both at and between meetings
Benefits of choosing us
- Full enhanced access to GovernorHub including up to date news items, governor training information, guidance and policies in addition to providing administration of the hub,
- A Governor training programme including Safeguarding, safer recruitment, Taking the Chair, Data, GDPR, Finance, Governor induction amongst others. Advice and assistance on governor election procedures, documentation, membership eligibility and disqualification procedures
- Advice on instruments of government and on constitutional and procedural matters
- Advice and liaison with the council on local authority recommended appointments
- Advice on the role of clerks and governors