Islington Trauma Informed Practices in Schools (iTIPS) is a project that aims to help schools embed a whole-school trauma strategy. Each iTIPS school has a 'champion' from Islington CAMHS and the EP service to train staff and support the development of this approach.
iTIPS has been piloted in two phases (2017-2019) and now includes 11 primary schools, 2 secondary schools and the PRU.
iTIPS draws from the ARC (Attachment, Regulation and Competency) framework shown in the image below.
Since TIPS started in September 2017 schools report that:
- Staff are attuning to pupils and being ‘curious’ about behaviour
- There are improved staff-pupil interactions
- Staff are better able to self-regulate and respond empathetically
- Staff are having more reflective conversations with pupils
- Pupils are reflecting more on their feelings and emotions and
- are better able to self-regulate
Read the Story of iTIPS for a project summary
(last updated September 2018)