Islington Trauma Informed Practices in Schools (iTIPS) is a project that aims to help schools embed a whole-school trauma strategy. Each iTIPS school has a 'champion' from Islington CAMHS and the EP service to train staff and support the development of this approach.
iTIPS has been piloted in two phases (2017-2019) and now includes 11 primary schools, two secondary schools and the PRU.
iTIPS draws from the ARC (Attachment, Regulation and Competency) framework shown in the image below.
Since TIPS started in September 2017 schools report that:
- Staff are attuning to pupils and being ‘curious’ about behaviour
- There are improved staff-pupil interactions
- Staff are better able to self-regulate and respond empathetically
- Staff are having more reflective conversations with pupils
- Pupils are reflecting more on their feelings and emotions and
- are better able to self-regulate
Read the Story of iTIPS for a project summary
(last updated September 2018)