The Islington Community of Schools (ICoS) mental health working group want to draw on expertise across Islington schools to develop the health and wellbeing directory; ensuring it includes mental health services and resources recommended by individual schools and Early Years settings.
Please ensure that someone in your school or setting completes this survey so we can share good practice and useful resources across our community of schools. The deadline is Monday, 1 April.
The survey asks for schools' recommendations in the seven components of school life as detailed in the iMHARS (Islington mental health and resilience in schools) framework:
- A clear vision, and values that are understood and consistently communicated
- Support networks that enable pupils to develop social relationships
- Teaching and learning that develops resilient learners
- A curriculum that teaches life skills, including social and emotional skills.
- Specific help for vulnerable pupils
- Effective partnerships with parents
- Support and training for all staff to build skills, capacity and own resilience
The framework was developed in Islington, in partnership with Islington schools, and has been used by over 30 Islington schools to research their good practice and identify next steps. iMHARS is recommended by the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families in this two minute YouTube clip giving three top tips for school leadership teams in relation to mental health.
For more information on iMHARS or the survey, please contact Helen Cameron, Health and Wellbeing Manager